Reviews of Increase Your Energy
Highest Praise: Most comprehensive, practical and yes Helpful LOA Book
.I’m actually pretty surprised I’m the first person to add an Amazon review for this book. As such, I’m pleased to know this review will likely be viewed by the author. Mr Dodson, thank you. While still somewhat new to the precepts of the law of attraction, thus the reason why I’m still a consumer of new thought writings, I’m still versed in the writings of all the authors I’ve listed below. As any like consumer of new thought books, lectures can tell you, it can become a little disheartening when, in search for enlightening material you stumble upon the same. damn. stuff. I mean, how many times are we going to hear authors tell the same stories about how we don’t need to fully understand electricity to harness its power, allude to Henry Ford, Orville and Wilber, or Rodger Banister? But FINALLY, some new content! And yes, while many authors claim to offer information that will “fill in the holes” of manifesting or “teach the secret not contained in The Secret”, only this book has actually been able to accomplish such a task. While absent of the hard core scientific backbone that uses quantum mechanics, particle physics, string theory, chaos theory or whathaveyou to give credence to the ideas discussed when speaking of the relationship between inner state and outer reality, it is, nonetheless, comprehensive and illuminating. My only objection is the book’s title and cover graphic as it does accurately convey the invaluable information contained within its pages. However, once other people actually find this book I’m sure these things (the title and its aesthetic) will readily take on new meaning. I look forward to the day when this book finds its way on the New York Times best seller list and I’m…well, that’s the fun part 🙂
Shannon Shamp, Amazon Customer
.It’s amazing that you can go through life reading hundreds of books and you hear just ONE and you know it is the one you have been looking for the whole time. For me, this is that book. Thank you Frederick Dodson, I don’t know if your an alien intelligence or just a very gifted human but either way – thank you
A key to happiness and peace of mind is to stop looking for it. It is painfully obvious that the people who never began searching for happiness in the first place are overall happier.
– Frederick Dodson, Increase Your Energy
Excerpts from the AudioBook
Table of Contents
1 Deeper Relaxation
2 How to Stop Fear
3 Emotional Clearing and Releasing
4 Flow, Energy and Happiness
5 Energy, Polarity and Consciousness
6 Energy and Influence
7 Self-Healing and Health From Within
8 Weight Loss and the Law of Attraction
9 Your Unique Life Purpose and Missions
An excerpt from the Chapter “Self Healing and Healing from Within”
The Spiritual Cause and Cure for Depression
This section examines the cause and cure of depression more holistically than only seeing it “caused” by a “chemical imbalance”. Depression can be a state of fatigue, apathy, lethargy, numbness, darkness of mind, slumber, listlessness and exhaustion, often in magnified form. What makes it difficult to cure is that one has little interest or energy to do the activities that would cure it. You could suggest to a really depressed person “Do X! That will cure it!” But the problem is that they may not feel the motivation to do “X”. Physical activity and movement eventually alleviate depression, however, most depressed people will not bring themselves to go out and get that movement.
The following image shows ineffective and effective treatments for depression, “one year later”. It was taken from a medical research site called, “CureTogether”. The research indicates that while there are numerous popular treatments and pills that just don’t seem to work very well, there are also many things that have worked well, among them music therapy, art therapy, meditation, massages, breathwork, sports, EMDR, neurofeedback, Tai Chi, support groups, Xanax, Sertralin, Venlaxafin, Mirtazapine, Shiatsu, and many others.
The fact that exercise is listed at the very top does not surprise me. I have taught for a long time that the states of fear and depression are a sort of motionless paralysis and the best cure for them is movement, motion, action, doing (instead of waiting to “feel like it” before you go into action). If you suffer from depression or temporary depression, the list above shows you that most likely, not all possible cures have been looked into, not all options exhausted. Depression indicates that much more loving care of your body and mind are required.
Not surprisingly, awareness-based techniques such as meditation, talk-therapy and love of a pet also rank high. The basic realization most people have yet to make, especially the depressed, is that well-being is not primarily connected to space (location) and time but to where your mind or attention is. To feel down you do have to focus your attention in a certain way, on certain things, for a certain amount of time. To feel more upbeat, you have to focus your attention in a certain way, on certain things, for a certain amount of time. I have had plenty of students who were diagnosed and self-diagnosed “depressed” and it’s really interesting to observe how they use their attention and imagination to get into really dark stories of the mind, how they avoid any sort of focus, thought or action that would even slightly elevate their state. Some are at a point where they require outside assistance to climb out of the dark cave. But most forms of depression are not that severe and can be self-cured with some loving care for oneself, a slow and steady shift of attention to more pleasant things as well as the list of remedies shown above.
Depression can mean a number of things for a number of people but what it means to everyone who claims to have depression is feeling down, low, exhausted, heavy, tired, apathetic on a lower level than is bearable over longer periods of time.
Depression, like all other things, is physical, mental and spiritual. To see it as only one thing or the other deprives us of possible approaches for its cure. On a physical level it may have to do with imbalanced brain chemistry, bad nutrition or a bad environment. Mentally, it may have to do with negative beliefs and traumatic incidents. Spiritually, it may have to do with one not following the path of one’s heart and joy.
What all three have in common, however, it is not the low-feeling we label as “depression” that’s the problem, but whatever it is pointing to. This is an important distinction because as humans we often blame the feeling for being the problem when it is simply the body trying to point to the cause. Don’t try to heal the barometer; look instead for what is triggering that feeling. If, for example, you live in dire circumstances, then feeling low as a response to that is entirely appropriate. Would you want to feel elated and free in the face of horror? Probably not. Instead take action to remove yourself from such circumstances. It is then easier to let go of the low-state. Same with mental phenomena: If you keep thinking negatively, you should feel negative – it is very appropriate for you to feel that way. The negative feeling will only stop when you quit investing attention into negative thinking.
Once those chemicals or thoughts or circumstances are changed it is only a matter of minutes to release depression. If it even remains then only because you are de-pressing it, meaning pressing it down rather than letting it come up and go.
Miraculous Group Healings
I’ve witnessed many “healing miracles” in group settings. When three, four, five, six, seven or more loving people get together with the intention of healing one person, their presence seems to invite a superordinate energy field and space in which rapid healing can develop. These are some miraculous group healings I witnessed personally:
- In 1984, when I was a child, I witnessed several instances of religious prayer to heal the sick and desperate. I saw broken limbs grow back, severe diseases healed and all sorts of problems washed away within fairly brief periods of time. Since I was a child I did not yet know that such incidents are “uncommon” and simply took it for granted. In retrospect, I understand that the directed group-energy had been the cure.
- 1995: I was partaking in a large Group Awareness Course with 250 participants. One of the exercises involved one person sitting in the middle while eight people sat in a circle around that person radiating love. The person in the center of the circle was to play and act out their greatest problem. Within this exercise I saw several healings take place. One girl of twenty-two healed her bulimia in front of nine witnesses. She walked out of the circle and never had an eating issue again. One man acting out his problem so intensely that it looked as if he was having an exorcism, healed a skin condition. The rashes he had been having for a decade receded within three days of the session. This, and many other events, I attribute to the conscious-loving awareness of a group setting.
- In 2002, during a Reality Creation Group Course I conducted a group exercise that involved someone standing in the middle of a circle communicating what they appreciated about the others in the group while the group gave feedback to the person in center of the circle about what they appreciated about him/her. The exercise also involved looking at others from “the eyes of the soul” in a very extroverted way. As a result of this session, one participant’s eyesight improved to a level that they no longer needed eyeglasses. I attribute this miraculous event to the group-appreciation and the extroverted focus on that day. (Note: Miraculous events are usually not repeatable by merely copying the exercise because the power is not in what you can see – the exercise – but in the unseen realm.
- In 2007, a psychiatrist invited a group of spiritual people to his private home to attend a therapeutic session with a mentally ill patient. There were seven of us in the room partaking in the sessions. Our main task was to be present, but we were also allowed to ask a few questions. It took only three sessions (I had attended the second and third) to accomplish a permanent healing of the mental illness.
These were four examples of many dozens of group-healings I have eye witnessed. They form a basis for my belief in “energy-fields”, “attractor-fields” and the unseen as well as my vision that one day science will take the invisible side of reality more seriously.
If you, dear reader, require healing from something, I recommend you try so within a community, family or group of which every member radiates healing-intention in your direction.